At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
What you will be doing:
● Communicate with users and provide technical solutions to their questions and issues.
● Develop and maintain positive user relations.
● Identify and gather information on user issues and communicate these issues promptly to the appropriate engineering teams.
● Provide recommendations on product development based on user needs.
● Continuously develop and optimize the content on the customer Support Center blog.
What you need for this position:
● 1+ years of experience working in a technical support role.
● Experience working with or a good understanding of VPNs (Virtual Private Networks).
● Ability to distill complex ideas and processes into simple, understandable steps.
● Responsible, diligent, and proactive. You give meticulous attention to detail.
● Team player with excellent communication skills.
● Flexibility to cover various shifts. Weekend shifts will sometimes be required.
● Basic understanding of programming is considered a plus.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.