ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a suite of security tools that safeguard privacy online build a better Internet.
As a leader of Proton’s engineering team, you will manage the team and lead the end-to-end product development. You should have experience developing software yourself and managing a rapidly growing team. You will need to be proficient in leading efforts to scale up development, maintenance, and recruitment efforts. You will need to process lots of information, consider competing viewpoints, and then reach a decision that all stakeholders can buy into.
What you will do:
- Lead, manage, and mentor a high-performing team of engineers and tech support personnel
- Recruit and develop top engineering talent
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Recommend new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency
- Maintain and optimize project management and budgets to meet goals
- Manage and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle, from concept to execution
- Motivate your team to continuously innovate, improve, and think differently
- 5-10 years experience leading large engineering teams (80+ employees)
- Has worked at a company or organization through a period of rapid growth
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting, and software products
- Familiar with code development and version control
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Flawless written and spoken English
Knowledge in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Programming languages
- Code debugging and profiling
- Web protocols and service daemons
- Mail protocols and service daemons
- Storage, filesystems, and database systems
- Work methodologies
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.