Technical Recruiter (freelance or temporary contract)
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
What You will do:
- Collaborate with hiring managers and our HR team to identify and prioritize recruitment needs
- Create and post job openings on our recruitment platforms
- Source and headhunt potential candidates on LinkedIn and other social networks
- Research and use creative sourcing techniques to find the top talent in the area
- Partner with hiring managers to screen candidates’ applications, organize interviews, select the best candidates and create offer packages
- Help to ensure smooth on-boarding for new employees
- Develop a talent pipeline for future recruitment needs
- Establish effective relationships with candidates, internal partners and external agencies
- Proven experience as a recruiter, ideally in a start-up environment
- Solid understanding of Taiwan and Southeast Asia technical talent pools (local companies, top universities, recruitment channels)
- Experience in active sourcing (headhunting)
- Experience in employer branding
- Strong communication and English language skills
- Curiosity and tech-savviness
- Ability to collaborate effectively with people from all levels of an organization
Why you should join Proton:
- Our startup culture means everyone's opinion matters. You can make a significant impact
- We work on new, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Lead the privacy revolution that is changing the world. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain