Systems and Site Reliability Engineer
We rely on standard open source tools to operate our network and server infrastructure, which are spread across multiple data centers in Switzerland. We must continually expand our system and grow our Infrastructure team as we the number of users who rely on our services protect their privacy increases. Thus, we are looking for experienced Systems and Site Reliability Engineers to join our team.
As a member of one of Proton's Infrastructure teams, you will build, scale, and operate parts of our rapidly growing infrastructure. You should have a solid knowledge of Linux and network services. You should also enjoy building web-scale, distributed, and highly available systems while working in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
What You will do:
- Develop software for automation and failure recovery
- Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
- Contribute to configuration and update management of Linux systems and services
- Improve monitoring for full stack, from hardware to application
- Implement system hardening, firewalling, IDS
- Make application code deployments
- Perform network protocol analysis for troubleshooting and incident response
- Cover periodic shifts to ensure our 24/7 operations
In addition to solid Linux skills, you should be familiar with:
- Code development and version control
- Configuration management and automation (Puppet, Ansible)
- Monitoring systems (Icinga2, Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry)
- Common TCP/IP protocols and services (DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)
- Network switching and routing
- Server-class hardware (BMCs, hardware RAID controllers)
- Security best practices
Knowledge in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Programming languages (C/C++, Python, PHP, Bash)
- Code debugging and profiling
- Web protocols and service daemons (Apache, nginx)
- Mail protocols and service daemons (Postfix)
- Storage, filesystems and database systems (Ceph, MySQL)
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.