Storage Engineer (Ceph)
We operate our own cloud infrastructure distributed across multi-tenant datacenters throughout Switzerland, with over 1 Petabyte of storage.
You will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining our Software Defined Storage (Ceph) containing user data for high availability and manageable growth. You will benchmark new hardware, tune OS parameters and create operation procedures for redundancy and backup. You will be working with a team of Software Engineers who will develop new backends that will store data in our Storage cluster, and you might be writing tools and plugins to enable this integration. You will be working in an international environment in our offices, where English is the primary language.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone’s opinion matters and can have a significant impact
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- Experience with deploying and operating a massive storage solution
- i.e. Ceph, HDFS, GlusterFS, QFS, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB...
- Solid understanding of Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
- Fluent in Python/Go and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Ansible
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ceph
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with OpenCloud/NextCloud
- Experience in Data Center planning/deployment
- Software Engineering experience
- Fluency in C++, PHP and/or SQL
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Masters degree in a relevant field of study and/or scientific background
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.