Software Product Manager
For those up to the challenge, working at ProtonMail provides an exciting atmosphere, and makes you a part of one of Europe's highest-profile startups. Together, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN have millions of users, and we are growing rapidly. We're looking for bright, highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts. Proton has offices in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich, or employees working remotely around the world.
What you will do:
- Act as the Product Manager for one of Proton’s products, making sure we build the product which servers our users, in the right order and with the right features
- Communicate with tech teams to understand our technology and dependencies, determine feasibility and make the
right tradeoffs where necessary
- Conduct product and market research,
propose features and define their scope for existing and new products,
together with other members of the product team
- Create high fidelity concepts / mockups and paint a vision of an engaging and delightful user experience
- Collaborate with other teams to make sure
that our products are properly integrated with each other to provide
best possible user experience
- Propose prioritization for features and
products within your responsibility and make sure they are in line with
other product’s timelines
- As a “Proton”, but especially so as a product person, at times do what is needed outside of this responsibility list to get products and
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone’s opinion matters and can have a significant impact
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- More than 3 years of experience as a user-centered Software Product Manager is a MUST
- Experience in managing a software product from ideation to launch, working closely with engineering and design teams is a MUST
- Experience in both mobile (iOS, Android) and desktop (Mac OSX, Windows, Responsive web) based products is a MUST
- Ability to understand the market dynamics and propose a positioning for relevant products and features
- Ability to understand the company’s technology (e.g. encryption) at a deep level
- Demonstrated sense for shaping delightful and effortless User Experiences
- Experience in multi-products / partnership ecosystems is a plus
- Leadership and Management skills (i.e. proven ability to motivate, lead, and drive teams, often without direct command) is a Plus
Project Management skills (i.e. ability to manage time
efficiently, delegate responsibility effectively, solve problems
quickly, present persuasively and communicate clearly) is a Plus
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.