Social Media Team Lead
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more. Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
About the position:
As an experienced social media marketing manager, you’ll lead the Community & Reputation Team. This team is in charge of engaging followers and responding to their comments and questions on all our social media channels, our online communities (such as UserVoice), third-party communities, and the comments section on our blogs. They also keep an eye on reviews published on TrustPilot, the various App Stores, and third-party websites.
You’ll also be in charge of our brand reputation. This involves monitoring the Internet for mentions of our brand and responding accordingly.
Together with the team, you will define the strategy for these channels, create compelling content, encourage community engagement, and expand our reach.
If you’re a results-driven marketer, feel comfortable taking initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company. You will have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
What you will do:
- Grow, lead, and mentor the Community & Reputation Team.
- Create, manage, and improve a community strategy that incorporates social media networks, blogs, online communities, forums, review sites, and other outlets where we can engage with people.
- Monitor, manage, and improve the brand reputation across online and offline outlets, but also across spam, abuse, and other report systems.
- Lead the creation of high-quality, engaging multimedia content for all the community channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, YouTube, Mastodon, blog comments, etc.
- Take ownership, from design to execution, of all our community campaigns.
- Research, test, optimize, and scale new channels, techniques, and technologies.
- Increase ROI, user engagement, and follower base by testing different campaigns, creatives, target audiences, timing, and landing pages.
- Continually refine the Community & Reputation Team’s processes, metrics, and tools.
- Create and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis.
- Keep abreast of the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in the online advertising industry.
- 3+ years of experience and proven track record of growing, mentoring, and leading a team.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in social media marketing.
- 3+ years of experience in brand reputation management.
- Significant hands-on experience and a proven track record of creating successful social media marketing and community engagement strategies.
- Proven experience of creating high-quality, engaging multimedia content, measuring its impact, and improving on it.
- Experience with large, multi-brand, multilingual communities, and campaigns.
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive. You don’t require constant input, and you have meticulous attention to detail.
- Flawless written and spoken English.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in tech and SaaS industries.
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on startup environments.
- Fluency in other languages.
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.