Social Media Manager
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
About the position:
As an experienced community manager you’ll drive growth and engagement throughout all our social media accounts, online communities and any third-party outlet where we can engage in a constructive way with people.
As a digital savvy user and tech expert, you understand and can easily explain complicated and technical concept to a wide audience. You’re a natural storyteller who knows the ins and outs of Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. You love communicating with people all over the world to solve problems and create genuine connections.
If you feel comfortable taking initiative and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company and have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
What you will do:
- Contribute to a social media strategy that spans social media networks, blogs, online communities, forums, review sites, and other outlets where we can engage with people.
- Safeguard our brand by monitoring, managing, and improving our reputation across online and offline outlets, but also in our spam, abuse, and other report systems.
- Create high-quality, engaging multimedia content for all our community channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Mastodon, forums, etc.
- Design and execute social media campaigns.
- Research, test, optimize, and scale new channels, techniques, and technologies.
- Help to refine our tracking and attribution methodology, and help to make sense of customer insights and findings.
- Continually refine the community processes, metrics, and tools.
- Coordinate with internal teams and creative agencies on the development, implementation, and optimization of creative output.
- Create and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis.
- Keep abreast of the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in the online advertising industry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in community management.
- 1+ years of experience in brand reputation management.
- Significant hands-on experience and a proven track record of managing social media accounts and online communities.
- Proven experience creating high-quality, engaging multimedia content, measuring its impact and improving on it.
- Experience with large, multi-brand, multilingual communities and campaigns.
- Deep knowledge and good understanding of technology, internet and security.
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive, you don’t require constant input and you have meticulous attention to detail.
- Flawless written and spoken English communication skills.
- Experience in the tech or SaaS industry.
Bonus points for:
Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing.
Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on startup environments.
Fluency in other languages.
Why you should join Proton?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.