Social Media Manager
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers users to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has grown to become the world’s largest secure email service, with over 15 million users and a profitable business model. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build an Internet that puts people’s privacy first.
As an experienced community manager you’ll drive growth and engagement throughout all our social media accounts, online communities and any third-party outlet where we can engage in a constructive way with people.
As a digital savvy user and tech expert, you understand and can easily explain complicated and technical concept to a wide audience. You’re a natural storyteller who knows the ins and outs of Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. You love communicating with people all over the world to solve problems and create genuine connections.
If you feel comfortable taking initiative and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company and have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
- Contribute to a social media strategy that spans social media networks, blogs, online communities, forums, review sites, and other outlets where we can engage with people.
- Safeguard our brand by monitoring, managing, and improving our reputation across online and offline outlets, but also in our spam, abuse, and other report systems.
- Create high-quality, engaging multimedia content for all our community channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Mastodon, forums, etc.
- Design and execute social media campaigns.
- Research, test, optimize, and scale new channels, techniques, and technologies.
- Help to refine our tracking and attribution methodology, and help to make sense of customer insights and findings.
- Continually refine the community processes, metrics, and tools.
- Coordinate with internal teams and creative agencies on the development, implementation, and optimization of creative output.
- Create and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analysis.
- Keep abreast of the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in the online advertising industry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in community management.
- 1+ years of experience in brand reputation management.
- Significant hands-on experience and a proven track record of managing social media accounts and online communities.
- Proven experience creating high-quality, engaging multimedia content, measuring its impact and improving on it.
- Experience with large, multi-brand, multilingual communities and campaigns.
- Deep knowledge and good understanding of technology, internet and security.
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive, you don’t require constant input and you have meticulous attention to detail.
- Flawless written and spoken English communication skills.
- Experience in the tech or SaaS industry.
Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing.
Comfortable working in fast-paced, always-on startup environments.
Fluency in other languages.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.