Social Media Customer Support Specialist
At Proton Technologies AG, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
Proton Technologies AG was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Our users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
About the position:
As a Social Media Customer Support, you’ll be in charge of resolving our customers' technical support questions and responding to their comments and questions on all our social media channels.
What you will do:
- Provide exceptional customer support and help answer questions from Proton customers via our social channels (i.e. Twitter, Reddit)
- Resolve technical support questions from customers about our products (ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive); explain complex and technical concepts to users in simple, easy-to-understand terms
- Contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Monitor questions and requests received via our social channels; collaborate with internal stakeholders (product, marketing) to action these insights (i.e. prioritize bugs that need fixing, improve Knowledge Base articles, etc.)
- Develop reports to help improve Proton products, based on customer feedback (i.e. product issues, questions, feature requests) received via social channels
- Test the web and mobile applications on a regular basis to ensure that only a high-quality product is released to our customers
- Excellent communication in English (especially in written form)
- You're a problem solver with a positive attitude
- You enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment
- You're tech-savvy
- You care about digital privacy and you want to make a difference
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Customer Support
- Experience with social media channels (Twitter and Reddit)
- Experience with QA testing
- Degree in Information Technology is a big plus
Why you should join Proton Technologies AG:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Our products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
Proton Technologies AG uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address email@example.com or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.