Senior Security Engineer
For those up to the challenge, working at Proton Technologies is an exciting chance to join the fight for Internet privacy with one of Europe's highest-profile startups. We're looking for bright and highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts.
Proton has offices in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich, or employees working remotely around the world.
This role requires IT security management activities at the company level and team leader responsibilities. You will be responsible for managing a security team of mid-level to senior-level security engineers.
What You will do:
- Responsible to engage with the business and share best security practices across the organisation
- Create and develop a trustworthy relationship with the business and projects owners
- Develop planning, goals and objectives to help covering the entire cyber security life cycle of our projects
- Promote IT security awareness and responsible user behavior among Proton staff
- Lead the information security strategy and its implementation
- Support the deployment and operation of a secure reliable network and systems architecture
- Perform security risk assessments
- Define, document, implement, and maintain security policies and procedures
- Lead, maintain, and enhance our security monitoring toolkit (SIEM, Sensors, etc.)
- Prepare to effectively handle security events
- Bring your experience to improve security detections to be implemented into our SIEM stack
- Help design and plan cyber threat hunting activities on our network
- Participate in business process documentation, metric reporting, and process automation
Why work at ProtonMail:
- Our startup culture means everyone's opinion matters. You can make a significant impact
- We work on new, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Lead the privacy revolution that is changing the world. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Ability to collaborate with the business and bring the different projects to a more mature security level
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and produce high quality written documents
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with IT security best practices (CIS Controls, etc.)
- Familiar with current tactics, techniques, and procedures commonly employed by malicious actors
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies and related threat detection technologies
- Knowledge of intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS) and host intrusion detection systems (HIDS)
- Advanced Python (or similar) coding skills would be a plus
- Experience using the Elastic Stack would be a plus
- Industry certification from a recognized training provider would be a plus
- Belief in privacy :)
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain