Senior Front-End Developer
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build an Internet that puts people’s privacy first.
What you will do:
- Build scalable, reliable, and secure web applications
- Build complex front-end logic to handle encryption and decryption, caching, synchronization, performance optimization
- Write software to improve web app reliability (unit tests, automated testing)
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Initiate new web technologies that will make Proton better
- Work on ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive and ProtonMail products
- 3+ years experience of working with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Be product minded and committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or React.
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint.
- Knowledge or experience in back-end software development and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience with complex front-end projects, such as migrating a mature app from AngularJS to React.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.