Senior Data Scientist
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build an Internet that puts people’s privacy first.
We are looking for a best-in-class senior data scientist to join our data team and help Proton grow through data-driven decision making. The data scientist will collaborate with multiple teams throughout the company to support their data needs, and will design and implement new strategies to drive product development and marketing strategies.
What you will do:
- Work with the product and marketing teams to advance the implementation of a data-driven strategy for the company.
- Figure out the best methods of measurement and analysis for product performance and marketing experiments.
- Make recommendations on data analysis pipelines to influence the design of our data platform.
- Provide mentorship, peer review, and thought leadership to junior members of the data team.
- A Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc) with 3+ years work experience in industry post PhD, or MSc degree with 7+ years of work experience in industry post masters.
- History of analyzing large datasets to provide business insights and solving hard problems in novel ways.
- Ability to apply statistical methods and machine learning to effectively solve business problems.
- Strong experience in statistical programming (Python), data preparation (SQL) and big data tools (Spark, scala).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Mentoring experience.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more efficient hiring process and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.