Security Engineer Vulnerability Management
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced vulnerability management engineer. You will be responsible with the development, maintenance and governance of Proton's vulnerability management program. This position can either be in one of our offices or remote within reasonable time zone distance from
Switzerland. We encourage diversity and appreciate top engineering and social skills.
This position can either be in one of our offices or remote within reasonable time zone distance from Switzerland. We encourage diversity and appreciate top engineering and social skills.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain Proton's vulnerability management program framework and toolsets
- Stay current on new vulnerabilities which might affect Proton's technology stack
- Measure, evaluate, prioritise and track vulnerabilities
- Demonstrate and educate stakeholders on the real-world impact of threats and vulnerability exploitation on our environment
- Assist the business on vulnerability remediation efforts
- Develop, document and report business-level metrics for vulnerabilities and remediation progress
- Drive the end-to-end vulnerability lifecycle from discovery to closure
- Integrate the vulnerability management process with existing tools, such as the Ticketing system and the SIEM
- Work as part of a team to deploy and maintain secure and reliable network architecture as well as system security best practices
- Work with our risk and governance, developer and product-security teams to help promote security best practice
- Minimum 2 years of vulnerability management experience
- Experience creating and running authenticated and unauthenticated vulnerability scans
- Experience in reading and understanding vulnerability scans (identify errors, identify areas where tool is not scanning assets, identify false
- Experience tuning, improving and devising efficient scanning workflows across Vulnerability Management application stacks
- Experience in managing vulnerabilities in Docker and Kubernetes environments
- Strong communication skills (must be fluent in English)
- Ability to work with cross-business and cross-functional teams in a geographically distributed environment. Ability to work independently as well
as part of the team.
- Good knowledge of system/network security and security best practices (network ACLs, authentication mechanisms, OS hardening)
- Good knowledge of Linux based operating systems and their security related components
- Good knowledge of networking and endpoint protection technologies as well as related threat detection technologies (WAF, EDR, IDS/IPS)
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Good coding skills (Python)
Knowledge in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Experience using popular vulnerability scanning products
- Experience in Threat Modelling
- Relevant cyber security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM
- Experience in managing vulnerabilities in Cloud environments
- Experience in other security disciplines
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.