Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei
What You will do:
- Maintain and enhance our security monitoring toolkit (SIEM, sensors, etc.)
- Create, improve, and implement security detection techniques within our SIEM
- Handle and respond to security alerts
- Develop incident response plans and playbooks
- Help us identify malicious activities within our network, which our current tools might not cover
- Identify security risks within our infrastructure and help mitigate them
- Work as part of a team to deploy and maintain secure and reliable network architecture as well as server/system security best practices
- Promote IT security awareness and responsible user behavior across the company
- Participate in business process documentation, metric reporting, and process automation
- Advice and support the company in all security-related matters
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment
- Strong communication skills (must be fluent in English)
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of network security and system hardening (firewalls, system security, ACL, etc.)
- Familiar with security best practices (CIS controls, etc.)
- Knowledge of intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS) and host intrusion detection systems (HIDS)
- Understanding of networking technologies and related threat detection technologies
- Familiar with commonly employed penetration tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Advanced Python (or similar) coding skills
- Experience using the Elastic stack is a plus
- An industry qualification from a recognized training provider is an asset
- Believe in privacy :)
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain