QA Engineer/Senior QA Engineer
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build an Internet that puts people’s privacy first.
As a QA Engineer, you will be:
- Working closely with the development team in order to improve the quality of our products.
- Ensuring best testing practices are used in product development.
- Designing, creating, running and maintaining manual and/or automated functional and non-functional tests.
- Converting manual test cases into automated tests to support manual testing efforts.
- Automating tests for different systems and devices (Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, web applications and etc.).
- Developing a test strategy for web and mobile products.
- Taking part into review of feature specifications and wireframes.
- Be independent and be capable to teach yourself.
- Eager to share knowledge and try new things.
- Be quality results-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle process.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver or alternatives (e.g. Cypress.io).
- Knowledge of API testing tools (e.g. Postman, Fiddler, or Charles Proxy).
- Experience in API and UI test automation.
Bonus points for:
- Understanding networking concepts.
- Experience in mobile testing is an advantage.
- API framework (e.g. Rest API)
- Security tools: OWASP ZAP
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.