For those up to the challenge, working at ProtonMail provides an exciting atmosphere, and makes you a part of one of Europe's highest-profile startups. Together, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN have millions of users, and we are growing rapidly. We're looking for bright, highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts. Proton has offices in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich, or employees working remotely around the world.
As a QA Engineer, you will be:
- Working closely with the development team in order to improve quality of our products.
- Ensuring best testing practices are used in product development.
- Designing, creating, running and maintaining manual and/or automated functional and non-functional tests.
- Converting manual test cases into automated tests to support manual testing efforts.
- Automating tests for different systems and devices (Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, web applications and etc.).
- Developing a test strategy for web and mobile products.
- Taking part into review of feature specifications and wireframes.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone’s opinion matters and can have a significant impact
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- Be independent and be capable to teach yourself.
- Eager to share knowledge and try new things.
- Be quality results oriented.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycle process.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver or alternatives (e.g. Cypress.io).
- Knowledge of API testing tools (e.g. Postman, Fiddler or Charles Proxy).
Bonus points for:
- Understanding networking concepts.
- Experience in mobile testing is an advantage.
- API framework (e.g. Rest API)
- Experience in API and UI test automation.
- Security tools: OWASP ZAP
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.