At Proton Technologies AG, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
Proton Technologies AG was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Our users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the development team in order to continuously improve the quality of our products.
- Ensuring best testing practices are used in product development.
- Creating, executing, and maintaining manual functional and non-functional tests.
- Developing test strategies.
- Implementing, maintaining, and enhancing automated tests to support manual testing efforts for different applications (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Web).
- Taking part in the review of feature specifications and wireframes.
- Be independent and a highly motivated problem solver.
- Eager to innovate, learn new things, and share already gained experience.
- Be proactive and resourceful by not only finding bugs but preventing them.
- Prior experience in manual testing and/or test automation.
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle process.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Test automation frameworks: Cypress, WebdriverIO, Espresso for Android, XCTest, Codeception.
- API frameworks (e.g. Rest API).
- API testing tools like Postman, Fiddler, Charles Proxy, or similar.
Why you should join Proton Technologies AG:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Our products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
Proton Technologies AG uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address email@example.com or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.