QA Automation Engineer
For those up to the challenge, working at ProtonMail provides an exciting atmosphere, and makes you a part of one of Europe's highest-profile startups. Together, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN have millions of users, and we are growing rapidly. We're looking for bright, highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts. Proton has offices in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich, or employees working remotely around the world.
What You will do:
- Develop an automation test strategy for web and mobile products
- Design and write test automation scripts and test automation framework
- Convert manual test cases into automated to support manual testing efforts
- Work together with engineering and product teams to ensure high quality software in every release
- Resolve any broken automation scripts that fail during execution
- Ensure best testing practises are used in product development
- Will be automating tests for different systems and devices (Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, web applications and etc.)
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone’s opinion matters and can have a significant impact
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- Be independent and be capable to teach yourself.
- Eagerness to share knowledge and try new things.
- Be quality results oriented.
- Experience in API and UI test automation
- Experience in mobile testing is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, tools and processes
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycle process
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver or alternatives (e.g. Cypress.io)
- Knowledge of API testing tools (e.g. Postman or Fiddler)
- Experience in Java or C#
Bonus points for:
- Espresso Testing Framework
- Mocking tools (Mockito; Mockware)
- API framework (e.g. Rest API)
- Gherkin live documentation tools (e.g. Specflow)
- Security tools: OWASP ZAP
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.