Product Marketing Manager
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers users to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has grown to become the world’s largest secure email service, with over 15 million users and a profitable business model. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build an Internet that puts people’s privacy first.
As an experienced product marketing manager, you'll take ownership of the marketing strategy for ProtonDrive, our upcoming encrypted cloud storage and file sharing service. You'll work closely with our brand team to define target audiences, messaging, and positioning for the service. In collaboration with the rest of the marketing team, you'll plan and execute growth, acquisition, and retention activities across channels and markets.
As the point of contact between the marketing and product team, you'll act as an advocate for our users, distilling their requests and requirements, prioritizing issues for development, and implementing fixes.
If you’re a results-driven marketer, feel comfortable taking initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company. You will have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
- Define, test, validate, coordinate, and execute product strategy, focusing on early-stage products, including product launch & market entry, as well as short and medium-term product growth post launch.
- Take ownership of the product marketing and communications strategies for a product in its market entry stage.
- Define products' target audiences, messaging, and positioning and act as the brand manager for ProtonDrive.
- Plan and execute growth, acquisition, and retention activities across channels and markets.
- Improve conversion rates across the board, including landing pages, upgrade pages, renewal pages, and any other touchpoint for our products.
- Analyze product usage and churn rates to drive product understanding, adoption, retention, loyalty, and win-back strategies.
- Act as the users' advocate and the voice of the market, synthesizing customer feedback into actionable insights to inform future product development.
- Create and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and analyses.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, with track record of successful product marketing in a B2C SaaS environment.
- Proven experience planning and executing successful global go-to-market strategies for new products and features, including industry, market, and customer analysis.
- Ability to understand technology used in SaaS and digital security products in order to grasp the challenges Proton products face and how this impacts the overall product positioning.
- Demonstrated ability to work at different product levels, from high-level analysis, down to hands-on product feature or campaign design and execution.
- Ability to operate quick, scrappy yet impactful hypothesize-test-learn-iterate cycles, including but not limited to conversion rate optimization, A/B, and multivariate tests.
- Strong project and program management, with the ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment, setting objectives, and ruthlessly prioritizing activities based on impact.
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive. You don’t require constant input, and you have meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience with global, multi-brand, multilingual campaigns.
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Technical knowledge foundation, demonstrated by formal technical education or equivalent experience.
- Business acumen, demonstrated through business education or equivalent experiences.
- Fluency in other languages.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.