At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
About the position:
Proton is seeking a Senior Product Director to own the end-to-end development of new products, reporting directly to the CEO. The main responsibilities will be to conceptualize, study, and then execute on new product and market opportunities, thereby leading the staffing of cross functional teams, and eventual product launch, marketing, and scale up of new products and services. Candidates are required to have experience building products, and the ideal candidates would also have experience marketing and selling B2C products.
What you will do:
- Conduct market research and engage with customers and internal stakeholders to identify market landscape, needs and opportunities.
- Hire, lead and retain a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, testers and marketers to deliver high-quality consumer-facing products, Drive go-to-market strategy and execution: definition of USPs, value proposition, market positioning, differentiation, target audience, development roadmap.
- Execute efficiently in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment where change is constant and thinking fast is a must.
- Partner with our sales and marketing teams to deliver marketing assets and drive hyper-growth throughout the customer journey.
- Work with management to prioritize initiatives and features and maintain roadmap alignment with company strategic initiatives.
- Define the metrics that will measure success of the products, and make sure they are reliable and monitored.
- Forge internal partnerships across all internal teams to advocate for the product
- Experience with determining product market fit, identifying opportunities, creating compelling value propositions
- Able to think bigger picture, beyond just one product
- Experience in acquiring and retaining large user bases
- Significant product team leadership experience, with experience of scaling to millions of users
- Experience managing teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience in building high-performing teams
- Leads from the front and ability to be hands-on
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities
- B2C/tech experience preferred
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address email@example.com or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.