Marketing Operations Manager
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
About the position
Proton’s Growth organization is looking for a talented, motivated, self-directed Operations Manager to join our team. As a Marketing Operations Manager, you will work with teams across the business to help solve issues and create effective, scalable solutions as well as drive process efficiencies for organization-wide impact.
Working at Proton will give you exposure to a range of verticals, and you will spend your time diving deeply into the fundamentals of each business area. This will give you an unusual breadth and depth of experience and offers you the chance to have a huge impact on the growth of our organization.
What you will do
- Building and optimizing scalable processes to prepare the company for accelerated growth
- Exploring and defining which projects the team should prioritize, and setting a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Oversee quarterly planning meetings for global teams, including relevant analysis, and synthesizing plans and learnings.
- Assist in the development of marketing goals and tracking for the team and for marketing campaigns, partnering with our analytics team
- Oversee and manage ongoing operational needs of the marketing team, including budgets/forecasting, monthly and quarterly reporting, campaign tracking, and ongoing measurement
- Support strategic projects that help scale and improve the productivity and operational efficiency of the organization (e.g. localization, marketing integration, creative efficiencies)
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing operations
- Strong and proven project management abilities, with experience driving, prioritizing, and executing on multiple projects autonomously, simultaneously, and on time
- Strong attention to detail and methodical, with the ability to translate complex problems into actionable solutions
- The ability to work with data to facilitate your work using tools such as SQL and Excel
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and to act proactively, while maintaining organization and control
- Motivated and confident self-starter who is also a natural team player, able to masterfully communicate throughout the organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent marketing experience.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.