Localization QA Coordinator
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
The Localization QA Coordinator will be working with developers, product managers, content writers and designers to ensure we are delivering the best local user experience when releasing new products and features.
Day-to-day tasks may come from across the entire Proton ecosystem, from product to marketing, and involve various requirements and complexity levels.
Therefore, the role requires constant communication with stakeholders across Proton and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines quickly and professionally. Candidates who are successful in this role will demonstrate they are highly organized and proactive.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with developers, product management, and designers to ensure our products provide a great experience
- Investigating and fixing localization related issues reported by users, internal stakeholders
- Hands on coordination of QA testing and best practices from a localization perspective
- End-to-end management of multiple localization and QA projects at the same time
- Assisting in identifying, implementing and documenting process improvements
- Assisting in maintaining and improving the translation memory, glossary and other content to increase localization quality
- Responding to context inquiries with a fluent level of English
- Communicating regular status updates to internal stakeholders
- Adapting and enhancing current and new workflows to generate efficient results
- 1+ years of work experience in software localization
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Excellent communicator and a highly collaborative team player
- Thorough understanding of localization best practices and file formats
- Experience working with CAT tools and managing LQA implementation
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams on multiple agile projects in parallel
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, eager to learn and continuously improve
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in two or more languages
- Proven knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in project management
- Experience with Atlassian platforms (i.e., Jira and Confluence)
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from email@example.com email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.