Head of Storefronts
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
About the position
As a senior digital marketing leader, you’ll own the vision, define the strategy, and drive the execution for our storefronts. Together with your team, you'll maintain, grow, and optimize our global web properties and our apps in the major mobile app stores.
Your main goals will be:
- Ensure the content and the brand message is relevant, consistent, and up-to-date across all our digital properties, for all languages and locations of our global user base.
- Increase the reach of our content and apps by growing the organic traffic (SEO) of the web properties and the app store ranking (ASO) of the mobile apps.
- Improve the experience our users have on our properties by helping them find the information they're looking for, mapping and optimizing user journeys and increasing their conversion rates.
- Monitor the status and usage of our properties to identify issues and opportunities.
If you’re a self-starter and results-driven marketer, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company. You will have a concrete impact on the future of the business as a whole.
What you will do
- Own the vision, strategy, and execution for all web properties and app store profiles.
- Drive web visitor growth at scale via SEO, inbound, and organic marketing activities.
- Drive mobile app install growth at scale via inbound marketing, ASO, and other organic activities.
- Identify key bottlenecks in funnels and increase the conversion rates of major customer journeys.
- Implement web and mobile monitoring processes, guidelines, audits, and tools to identify opportunities and issues with our SEO/ASO rankings, user experience, conversion rates, and other relevant metrics.
- Coordinate with product, content, localization, engineering, and other teams to keep the information up-to-date and relevant across all properties.
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships and inspire key local and global stakeholders as well as external agency partners to drive high-quality output. Masterfully communicate within the organization to ensure transparency, alignment, and advocacy.
- Build, lead, and nurture a growing team of high performing marketers in SEO, ASO, Conversion, etc., who deliver undeniable business impact and breed a high standard of strategic, creative, and executional excellence through coaching and capacity-building.
- Atleast 7+ years of marketing experience in SaaS, e-commerce, or digital-first global companies.
- Proven experience of scaling web traffic via SEO, inbound, and similar activities.
- Proven experience of scaling mobile app installs via ASO, inbound, and similar activities.
- Strong project and program management, with the ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment, setting objectives, and ruthlessly prioritizing activities based on impact.
- Proven experience building and leading teams, including experience directly managing teams of 5+ individuals and scaling organizations.
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail and excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience with large, multi-product, multilingual websites, and mobile apps.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.