Happiness and Engagement Specialist
Proton was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Since then, we have become one of Europe’s fastest growing startups, with a team of 300 representing 30 nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Skopje, Taipei, Vilnius and Prague. Our privacy-first services, including ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, and more to come, are used by millions of people from over 180 countries.
Proton is a mission driven company. We’re deeply committed to enabling freedom online and ensuring the internet serves the interests of all people. Our technologies provide trusted ways for people to be secure online and in control of their information at all times. Our users include New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens. The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Whether it’s in New York, or at the front lines of the global struggle for freedom and democracy in Hong Kong, Belarus, and Myanmar, the work we do saves lives and is transforming the world.
The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Help us bring it from tens of millions of users, to billions of users. We’re creating one of the world’s most impactful tech companies. Be part of the team creating the next Google or Facebook, that can touch the lives of everyone you know.
About the position:
Within our People & Culture department, we are looking for a Happiness Officer to help us maximize the level of satisfaction and engagement of every team member at Proton.
You will be a catalyst of worldwide social interactions by creating events, developing programs and inspiring communications.
Join us if you want to be at the forefront of building up our Proton community, sense of belonging and pride about our culture and values
What you will do:
- Create a fun and positive work environment to enable an optimum employee experience and performance.
- Measure happiness level across the workplace, understand motivation levers and initiate action plans.
- Build and roll-out a social engagement roadmap across all our offices, while managing the associated budget.
- Develop programs, organize events, team-building activities, support the development of non-financial benefits to position Proton as an employer of choice.
- Collaborate with many stakeholders across various teams (People, Operations, Office Managers) and build community relays in every Proton office across the globe.
- Help to develop a culture of acknowledgement, rewards and open feedback.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and challenge the status quo
- Background in HR and/or communication with a first successful experience in a similar role: + 2 years experience.
- Community building skills;
- Excellent people & communication skills, thriving on social interactions and public relations;
- A deep sense of cultural awareness;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Analytical skills and at ease with data;
- Business acumen
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
Proton is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain