Growth Operations Lead
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
About the position
Proton’s Growth organization is looking for a talented, motivated, self-directed Growth Operations Lead to join our team. As a Growth Operations Lead, you will work with teams across the entire organization to help create effective, scalable solutions. You will also drive process efficiencies for organization-wide impact.
Working at Proton will give you exposure to a range of interesting, challenging business problems, and you will have a concrete impact on the future of the business. If you’re a results-driven leader, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing company.
What you will do
- Strategic Planning: Drive the company strategic management process, from developing the strategy map to building scorecards and preparing strategy reviews.
- Execution: Oversee and manage operational needs of the growth team, including budgets/forecasting, monthly and quarterly reviews and reporting, and ongoing business cadence and measurement.
- Operational Excellence: Build and optimize scalable processes to accelerate company’s growth. Identify and drive strategic projects that help scale and improve the operational efficiency of the growth organization. Explore and define which projects the team should prioritize and set a timeline to reach goals quickly.
- Analytics: Drive development of marketing goals and tracking, partnering with our data team.
- Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing Growth Operations squad, with a focus on talent development. Breed standards of excellence for the team's strategy, creativity, and execution through coaching and capacity building.
- Communication: Own internal communications related to Growth, sharing information, analyses, status updates, plan progress and synthesized insights with a wide variety of audiences.
- 7-10 years of experience including at least 3 years in management consulting or strategy and operations
- 5+ years of experience using data analytics to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years of experience building and leading teams, including experience directly managing teams of 5+ individuals and scaling organizations.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience answering unstructured business questions and working independently to drive projects and analytical tasks to conclusion
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and to act proactively, while maintaining organization and control
- Strong and proven project management abilities, with experience driving, prioritizing, and executing on multiple projects autonomously, simultaneously, and on time
- Fast-paced start-up environment experience
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets); SQL knowledge is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.