At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei.
About the position
You will be a part of a small elite team reporting directly to the C-suite and helping drive the business forward. There will be different projects that you will be involved in including identifying new business opportunities, scaling new initiatives, setting up new departments, fixing operational problems, launching new markets.
It is an exceptional opportunity to learn with the most senior leaders on key business challenges and how to solve them.
What you will do:
Undertaking high priority projects for the CMO and leadership team, representing execs where appropriate.
- Work with the leadership to coordinate exec-level deliverables that support on cross-company projects.
- Supporting better business decisions by managing competing priorities, allocating critical tasks and solving for multiple stakeholders.
- Sourcing and scoping new business opportunities, bringing operational efficiencies, launching new markets.
- Projects could also include business-critical initiatives e.g. setting up a new department, creating and measuring KPIs for a different team, hiring talent
- 3-5 years of experience in fast paced environment (top tier consulting firm/ fast growing scale-up/ tech firm)
- Experience directly supporting the priorities of senior leaders with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build business cases and see through execution by partnering with different stakeholders.
- Proven project management abilities, with experience driving, prioritizing and executing on multiple projects autonomously, simultaneously and on time
- Strong attention to detail, methodical with the ability to translate complex problems into actionable solutions
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and to act proactively, while maintaining organization and control
- Motivated and confident self-starter who is able to masterfully communicate up/down/across the organization
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.