Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
What you will do:
- Design, build and maintain large-scale products.
- Write clear, tested, documented code that delivers real business value.
- Follow high engineering standards and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of server-side technologies (e.g. PHP, Python, Golang, Node.Js).
- Strong background in computer science (algorithms, data structure, software design, reliability, maintainability, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of working with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Previous experience in designing and building highly scalable systems.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points for:
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from a programming point of view.
- Extensive Linux experience.
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or React.
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
Proton is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.