ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a suite of security tools that safeguard privacy online build a better Internet.
What you will do:
- Design, build and maintain large-scale products.
- Write clear, tested, documented code that delivers real business value.
- Follow high engineering standards and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of server-side technologies (e.g. PHP, Python, Golang, Node.Js).
- Strong background in computer science (algorithms, data structure, software design, reliability, maintainability, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of working with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Previous experience in designing and building highly scalable systems.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points for:
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from a programming point of view.
- Extensive Linux experience.
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or React.
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.