For those up to the challenge, working at ProtonMail provides an exciting atmosphere, and makes you a part of one of Europe's highest-profile startups. Together, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN have millions of users, and we are growing rapidly. We're looking for bright, highly motivated problem solvers to join our team of experts. Proton has offices in Geneva, San Francisco, Vilnius, Skopje, Prague, Zurich, or employees working remotely around the world.
What You will do:
- Building scalable, reliable, and secure web applications.
- Building complex front-end logic (encryption/decryption, caching, synchronization, performance optimization)
- Interacting with our backend team to come up with the best API design
- Writing software to improve webapp reliability (unit tests, automated testing)
- Working with product and design teams on producing the most intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces
- There will be the opportunity to take on a leadership role within our growing team
Why work at ProtonMail?
- Startup culture where everyone’s opinion matters and can have a significant impact
- We work on interesting, challenging problems. Each day you will face a new issue, and there is never a dull moment
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world
- Setup CI (Jenkins or other)
- Automate testing (Jasmine/Mocha/Protractor), review, deployment
- Tooling (grunt/gulp/webpack/npm scripts)
- React (React Native, Electron etc.)
- AngularJS 1 and beyond
- ES6 (2015)
- SPA, PWA, Web UI Components, Web Workers
- Server Sent Event, Web Socket
- Security everywhere
- Bug tracking
- Version control system (git)
Bonus points for:
- Extensive Linux experience (e.g. you know basic system administration)
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint (OWASP)
- Knowledge or experience in back-end software development and RESTful APIs
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Fluent in French
- Bachelor's's degree in a relevant field of study and/or scientific background from a highly competitive university
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.