Digital PR Executive
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
We’re looking for a self-starting outreach specialist with a natural talent for storytelling to join our SEO team. You will be responsible for increasing the reach of Proton’s content and expanding its online coverage by acquiring links and mentions, distributing its content through multiple channels, and identifying potential partners.
You’ll raise the awareness of our brand by distributing exciting stories and cultivating personal relationships. If you are results-driven, outgoing communicator capable of building strong and lasting relationships, data-driven, feel comfortable taking initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is an excellent opportunity to have an impact in a successful and fast-growing company.
- Research and locate broken Proton links and competitor links and contact the relevant content owners to increase the number of Proton mentions.
- Distribute ProtonMail and ProtonVPN content through pitches to media outlets, influencers, ambassadors, and other publishers.
- Curate and maintain relationships with online influencers, opinion leaders, publishers, and journalists.
- Research, identify and reach out to new potential partners, affiliates, and influencers.
- Maintain Proton’s strong online reputation by identifying misleading reviews and mentions and requesting edits and corrections when needed.
- Support the content and PR teams by monitoring competition, identifying and pitching content ideas, and expanding Proton’s media list
- Keep abreast of the newest trends, innovations, and technologies in the online advertising and SEO industries.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a PR specialist, sales representative, outreach expert or account manager, either in house or with an agency.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in any of the following areas: Digital, Communications, Journalism, PR/Marketing
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with media outlets, journalists, influencers, and key external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to quickly identify trending topics and process large amounts of data.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the capacity to explain complicated concepts in a clear and structured way.
- Ability to work under time constraints and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team while multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- Flawless written and spoken English
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Pro-user of Excel, with understanding of SQL and query languages.
- Experience in the tech and SaaS industries.
- Experience in both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Understanding of common SEO metrics such as DA, Trust flow, Traffic, etc.
- Good knowledge of industry tools such as Gorkana, Buzzstream, Pitchbox, etc.
- Fluency in other languages
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
Proton uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for a better hiring experience for the candidate. Your data will be kept confidential. It is not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.