ProtonMail is a fast-growing technology company with more than 150 employees in offices in Geneva, Zurich, Skopje, San Francisco, Taipei, Prague and Vilnius. We provide secure email services to millions of customers in over 150 countries. Our customers range from journalists and activists, to small and medium businesses, large government entities and people who care about they own privacy. In addition, we operate ProtonVPN, one of the best free VPN services, and we are rapidly expanding into other Internet services.
We are growing fast and we are looking for Data Engineer in Vilnius, Lithuania. The Data team is responsible for everything that enables the company to make data driven decisions, including for building and maintaining the data analysis infrastructure and analysing the collected data. Proton is looking for a Data Engineer to help design and build the infrastructure and data pipelines that will take our Data analysis to the next level.
• Contributing to the new data lake and data pipeline design.
• Preparing the necessary components to populate the data lake from Apache Kafka.
• Preparing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse optimized for reporting.
• Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for data extraction and analysis on our big data platform.
• Contributing to innovations and data insights for data-driven decisions within Proton Technologies.
• Working in a team environment, interact with multiple groups.
Why work at ProtonMail
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Working experience with Apache Spark projects and infrastructure
• Understanding of encryption technologies and concepts
• Experience with data warehouse best practices in Big Data space
• Experience in the Big Data space (Hadoop Stack like M/R, HDFS, Hive, Flume, etc.)
• Experience with the relevant programming languages (Scala, Python...)
• 4+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience in engineering large-scale systems, Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load)
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of database modelling and design in a Data warehousing context
• Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus
Do something meaningful. We are challenging giants such as Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft and transforming the way private data is treated online. Our products are used on a daily basis to protect the lives of journalists, dissidents, and activists around the world. We are a company with a social impact.